Saturday 19 December 2015

Blobbed it (Early bath)



Rab Mini Mountain Marathon Saddleworth Moor
29/11/15


A funny day out. Being up out in the hills, on a cold, wet, windy day, is what I do for fun. Which is why I surprised myself, by turning around and heading home, for an early bath.

Rab Mini Mountain Marathons are score events. four hours, to visit as many controls as you can. There are penalties for finishing late, the later you finish the more severe the penalty. 
  • 1  to  5  minutes late-  1   points per minute
  • 6  to 10 minutes late-  2   points per minute 
  • 11 to 15 minutes late- 5   points per minute
  • 16 to 30 minutes late- 10 points per minute 
  • Over 30 minutes late-  All points lost  
The reason I headed home had nothing to do with points. After two hours, I just turned around. Quit, gave up, I had, had enough. My legs were ok. Feet were a bit cold but they have been much colder.
 It was all in my head. Not a DNF, more like, could have done better. Should have done much better.

Could a, should a, would a.  Hey ho! Onwards and upwards.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message, even if its not related to the post.

Cheers
Steve