Monday 22 April 2013

Kinder, my part in its downfall



The Kinder Downfall fell race 14.4.13

One of my favourite races. This Peak District classic didn't disappoint.
 A straightforward race, starting from the lovely village of Hayfield its; up William Clough, along the edges of  Kinder, past the Kinder Downfall then back down to the village. 

The Star of the race was definitely the Downfall itself. 60mph gusts of wind, were blowing the water from Derbyshire's highest waterfall back up(see photos and video). This made the running entertaining and gave us all a refreshing shower as we passed the upfall. 



The car park was classed as an A short

Hamming it up. Good to see you Nick


Can you all move on please. You are making the village look untidy.



Photo by Lynne http://runningdelights.blogspot.co.uk/



Martin G #127 having a great race

The star of the show. The Kinder Downfall.




A bit drafty







Many thanks to the RO Dave Soles and all who helped out.

6 comments:

  1. Great race! I Remember seeing the Downfall spray for the first time - I thought the moor was on fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen it frozen yet. One day!

      Delete
  2. That most beautiful place!
    AWESOME!
    The photographs certainly fall short and live better live.
    A kiss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Toni
      It is a great route. Interesting views and some history to it too.

      Delete
  3. Really nice race, well done. The scenery and the Downfall is beautiful. I would love to run that course. To answer your question on my blog: here in South Africa it is difficult to run with your dogs. In the road you find many dogs roaming the streets which is a huge problem. I see at least 10 on every run I do. No strict laws here for that. On the trails dogs are not allowed as all the trails I run are in nature reserves which means no pets allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one Steve. Looking back through your pictorial diary is bringing back happy memories of my return to Blighty.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a message, even if its not related to the post.

Cheers
Steve